American Legion Reike-Meidl Post 319 was chartered in 1926 and named for two deceased WWI soldiers from the Cody area. The post owns the former White Elephant dance hall, and in 2000 converted a small interior space into a meeting room. In 2014, the post partnered with the local school system, transforming the old dance hall into an indoor basketball court for junior high and high school students.

Legion membership was at 82 and the Auxiliary was at 119 in 2016; they survive with the handful of active members who live in town and the immediate surrounding areas, but the bulk of other members live out of state. Participation wavers throughout the year depending on the season; most members are ranchers or farmers and carry the responsibility of their livestock and land.